Monday 13 April 2015

Dusty Brown April 11 at 5:59pm · I tried to take my puppy for her first walk in the neighborhood today. We did not get past the front of the house when a Pit Bull attacked her. She ran and the owner came running after the Pit all the while hurling threats of physical violence at me. My puppy circled back to me and I backed the Pit Bull away from her by yelling at him. The owner and I got into a yelling match and her Pit Bull repeatedly lunged at and jumped on me scratching me. Needless to say that is one Pit Bull owner that the police took to jail for the night. — with Chris Baker and 9 others.


  • 13 people like this.
  • Chris Baker GOOD ! Why was the pit loose to begin with !? Dumb ass owner !
  • Dusty Brown Chris, this is a woman that was savagely mauled by her own Pit Bull last summer. I never saw so much blood in my life and the woman was badly injured and had to be hospitalized. She put that Pit Bull to sleep and she brought home another adult Pit Bull who within the first week attacked another neighbor's daughter which required an ambulance to be called. After all of tonight's bruhaha, another neighbor approached me and told me that this same Pit Bull attacked him not too long ago and he had to jump another neighbor's fence to save himself, badly injuring his hand. This Pit Bull is routinely let loose and I have turned her into animal control but I don't know if they ever did anything about it. Some people should not own a pet rock.
  • Chris Baker Good God ! Some people are just too stupid ! Hows the puppy ? I hope ok.If enough complain to cops maybe theyll do something.
  • Dusty Brown She seems to be fine, I don't see any injuries, but she is being groomed to be a Personal Protection Dog and I don't know if this did any emotional damage that would preclude her for work. You can't let a pup being raised for work be exposed to fear. I will be informing animal control of the other attacks as well.
  • Chris Baker Glad.Maybe it wont affect her.Praying it wont.Hope the beeyotch gets fined..jailed and made not to have ANY pets let alone a pit.Cant handle it-dont get it.
  • Dusty Brown She needs locked up. Her first Pit that mauled her, seemed to be a big happy go lucky goofball. Why he decided to do that to her that day, we will never know. But the police were ready to kill it as her boyfriend had tossed it outside to get it off of her and I had to yell at the all the moron's(police included) for the boy friend to put a leash on it to save its life. Animal Control said that they evaled the dog briefly and the Pit was no threat to any human but her. Go figure. They euthanized it the next day. I saw them trying to get it into a truck to take it to the vet, it wanted to kill her. Who knows what happened between them.
  • Chris Baker Dogs know when people are afraid of them . Or maybe shes just mental and it sensed it.Any rate she doesnt need any pets.
  • Dusty Brown I think you are right, I think she is afraid of these dogs. I think if I had been afraid instead of angry it could have been much worse for me too tonight. I was angry and yelling at the Pit, I was charging at it myself to keep it away from ,the puppy. I was also right back in the owner's face with anger and domninace as well and I think the Pit backed off of me because of that.
  • Chris Baker They know authority too.She sounds like she doesnt want a pet but a show off dog to make her look tough.Why alot have pits to begin with...status.Forget cant control...gotta look tough.Pits pay and thats the sad part.
  • Dusty Brown The people that I know and respect that own Pits say the same thing. You can't be faint hearted with them. I just read about how all positive training is creating a huge problem with Pit Bulls as it is not very effective especially with this type of dog.
  • Tim Beck Hope your little pup is OK.
  • Tim Beck And you too, of course.
  • Lew Heifner Nutters,,,, it's a sickness.
  • Lew Heifner I'm just glad you're ok.... you need to carry in neighborhoods with pits and nutters in it...
  • Cher Teslevich oh wow, so glad you and the puppy are ok, that lady sure is a nut who shouldnt have a pet of any kind, hopefully laying in jail gave her time to think about how stupid she is, but prob not...poor shaka
  • Lisa Gaffney Never ceases to amaze me. What was the owner charged with that she actually went to jail? Glad you and the pup are ok
  • Rick Fite Yeah giving these dogs 'positive' training is like tossing a shark a piece or two of grouper and saying, "nice sharkie, good boy!"
  • Dusty Brown I don't know what she was charged with, when I hit the corner, fortunately the two police officers were already there ordering her to get her Pit Bull in the house. As soon as the Pit saw Shaka from half a block away, it was all over.
  • Dusty Brown Lew, I just can't seem to find it in me to carry when I was in front of my own home. There just is something fundamentally wrong about one's home not being their castle.
  • Stephanie Michelle Garnet Dusty, trust me I feel you. I don't feel like I should carry around my home or neighborhood but for safety I do it anyway. And I live out in the middle of nowhere. But I think you were lucky. Yes you were dominating the situation but that pit could have felt her owner was in danger and attacked you to protect her. You were able to stop the attack but most can't. The situation could have gotten much worse. But here's how I look at it, if a dog attacks- whether it's you, neighbor, dog, whatever... That's your chance to take it out yourself legally. One less pit to worry about! 
  • Dusty Brown I agree. This neighbor has not lived here for a year yet and is on her second Pit Bull. Her first one horrifically mauled her last summer. I never saw so much human blood on an animal. It was solid red from waist up. She looked like she came out of...See More
  • Lew Heifner Pits are banned in Lakewood   I still carry in my yard for roving animals. Early one night I saw a large dog in our backyard. I figured lost dog so I would try to snag him and call the owner... no collar, ran like the wind..... wolf. I was trying to capture a wild wolf in the middle of town. Yeah, I carry around the house.
  • Dusty Brown I would rather have a wolf in my yard, they have a fear of humans.
  • Lew Heifner At some point, we are going to see a politician's loved one mauled by a land shark and then we will start to see national BSL take hold.
  • Stephanie Michelle Garnet That's ridiculous! Nutters will never realize the danger their putting themselves and others in! Even when it happens to them! They are delusional! A pit bull attacked me... So let's get another one! Ugh! Stupidity at it's finest! That pit needs to die before it kills someone.
  • Lew Heifner Nutters have an irrational view of pits. Completely devoid of facts, fueled by emotion. Cult comes to mind.
  • Stephanie Michelle Garnet Yes Lew, your right about that, it does remind me of cult mentality. But I'll never fully understand, I've owned pits and fostered them, but I swear to you if I knew how many have been killed by them, attacked by them, I would have gotten rid of every pit in my home without hesitation. I would never knowingly put my kids in that danger. I just can't wrap my head around it.
  • Dusty Brown Lew, I beleive there was a politician whose dog got seriously mauled not so long ago, nothing happened.
  • Stephanie Michelle Garnet Yeah another dog is nothing like a pit bull attacking their child. They can explain away another dog, it's much harder to do that though if a child is attacked. I can see Lew being right if it was a human.
  • Mia Johnson Dusty Brown re "She put that Pit Bull to sleep and she brought home another adult Pit Bull " - We had the same story here in Vancouver. A pit bull tore our 5-pound dog to pieces last November and the owner had him euthanized then 3 days later got another pit bull. We complained and Animal Control spoke to her - then she got a third one four weeks later. What is it these people don't get?!!! If I hit another car when I was driving and it was my fault, I don't think I could ever trust myself to drive again.
  • Jean Olszewski It's just crazy . I was at the pet store and a young couple had an un neutered pit. I waited till we were outside and asked how old he was. Around a year, he said . I asked why isn't he neutered , we have another one at home we will breed to. I said over a million are put down each year. She just walked away. Every other breed I see is spayed and neutered. Unbelievable
  • Dusty Brown Another neighbor moved in next door to her about a month before her mauling and had a Pit Bull. That Pit jumped the fence a week after they moved in and bit somebody. A week after the mauled woman came home from the hospital she was out playing with this Pit with a bite history. Three weeks later she got her other Pit and it took that one only one week to attack a neighbor' s daughter.
  • Mia Johnson Where do you live Dusty? It is unconscionable.
  • Kathy Munich I was wondering the same thing. And I'm so glad you and your dog are OK!!
  • Kathy Munich Most are really great dogs but I've seen first hand how they can just turn on you. Scary!
  • Dusty Brown On the fringes of Pittsburgh.
  • Dusty Brown Pennsylvania
  • Dusty Brown Thanks, I appreciate the support.
  • Pat Sabo OMG. Some just can't be controled . Glad no one was hurt bad.
  • Dusty Brown Thanks, this is the third attack I know of for this Pit Bull.
  • Linda Perry Can anyone begin a class action suit against those shelters that are constantly adopting out pits (who have already attacked once before)?
  • Dusty Brown People are starting to include shelters in their law suits as the majority of Pit owners rent and don't have insurance. The shelters need to be held more accountable. I personally know of a shelter in Youngwood, Westmoreland County, PennSylvania that adoped out a Pit Bull that without provocation or warning attacked a prospective adopter who up until that time the Pit had been very friendly. A quick acting volunteer leaped to intervene, spared the woman but was seriously bitten himself. The shelter adopted the Pit Bull out to somebody else. What if the initial woman lived in that community? What will happen then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

pls share your opinions?