Wednesday 11 March 2015

Amber A Maclin -- This why I never go any where on foot with my two boys and some kind of weapon.



Had a scary moment on my walk today... I'm 4 months pregnant and a loose German Shepherd mix dog ran up on me and my two German Shepherds. My oldest Shepherd pictured below. Put himself between me and the offending dog while my youngest Shepherd stood by ready if anything should happen. Here's what really pissed me off. The owner said "oh he just broke free I have nothing to hold him with".. I was so angry I didn't say a word to her. Just held my knife out in plain sight so she could see I was armed and I would defend myself if need be. She kept trying to call her dog off but it wasn't working then kept saying "he just wants to play" I still remained silent because I didn't want to upset my unborn child by yelling and screaming. This dog was literally trying to find a way around my dogs to get to me. I was so scared when normally I'm not. This why I never go any where on foot with my two boys and some kind of weapon.
Like · 
  • 10 people like this.
  • Amber A Maclin It took all my might not to cuss her out and yell at her pick up a damn book and understand dog body language your dog does not want to play he wants to attack. She had to literally drag her dog away by it's back legs because it was not leashed. SMH!
    13 hrs · Like · 4
  • Heidi Schold what an idiot...
    13 hrs · Like · 4
  • Amber A Maclin I should have recorded it but I was more concerned about protecting me and my child than whipping out my phone.. I can't stand people with aggressive dogs that have them unleashed in public
    12 hrs · Like · 6
  • Heidi Schold a Pit ran up once and grabbed onto my beagles side unprovoked, took 4 adults to get him off... I know exactly what you mean...
    12 hrs · Like · 1
  • Christy Cornell Amber A Maclin First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy.  

    I'm so glad you are ok and weren't physically harmed. Keep yourself and that baby safe! 
    ...See More
    12 hrs · Like · 4
  • Amber A Maclin I will report her if this happens again. I've never seen this dog before when I'm out. I could clearly tell her dog was not interested in play at all not the way he was looking for an opening and baring his teeth at me. I'm showing very early so she could CLEARLY see I was pregnant...and she didn't even say she was sorry ....ugh
    12 hrs · Like · 2
  • Amber A Maclin Thank you Christy btw!
    12 hrs · Like · 1
  • Jennie Conway I'm just so glad to hear you are ok
    11 hrs · Like · 2
  • Kimberly Riddle Lanka Amber, I'm upset reading what you just experienced. Congrats on four months. Magical times are ahead. You sound so grounded in your description of the interaction and your rationale. I hope you can focus on calming yourself and getting rid of those stress hormones. I used Chamomile Tea and Classical Music, hot baths with good smelling salts, peaceful vacation idea shows on tv, and most often reading in bed with hot tea. I also hope you can report the person. They were clearly a danger to everyone and hardly a responsible owner. I feel the same fear of random dogs when walking. Remember to give your pups some special treats for their brilliant protective behavior.
    11 hrs · Edited · Like · 2
  • Lynne Smith No one wants to report a neighbor, but the next time - if there is one - might be one time too many for you or someone else. If you can report anonymously, please do so. Animal controls need paper trails in order to do their jobs.
    10 hrs · Like · 2
  • Earl Upham Don't bother being anonymous because any dog behaving badly without being corrected when the behavior is unacceptable needs to be reported. Do not hesitate! Do it right away. It is true that you need a paper trail. If this dog ever does something in the future then it will be known that the dog has already been a problem.
    9 hrs · Like · 1
  • Amber A Maclin Thanks everyone. I will call my local AC tomorrow and make a report. Last time I made a report police came and shot the dog right in front of me. This was in my old neighborhood
    4 hrs · Edited · Like
  • M.j. Brandt Amber,your dog is beautiful.
    3 hrs · Like
  • Fawad Arslan these german Shepards can protect you , you dont even need a weapon
    1 hr · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment

pls share your opinions?